Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Everything old is new again.



I've always loved the simplicity of pre-war European posters and in most of my design attempts I try to emulate this simplicity with modern overtones.
Sandi h

Italy like Germany was one of the leading countries in generating and propagating the new design esthitic of the 1920's and 30's. Italy was the birthplace of Italian futurism and travel related advertising was deeply impacted by these modern trends.

http://travelbrochuregraphics.com/Top_Level_Pages/Italy/Italy_Main.htm

1 Comments:

Blogger CLEA said...

I have always loved the posters from this period. With no, well, low level technology these designers created very powerful images that are far more evocative and memorable than most of the advertising we currently see! I'm pleased to see you appreciate some particular favourites of mine.

If you haven't already, look at the work of Cassandre.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home